Dec 05, 2019|
Cloud Storage for Personal Use
What is Cloud Storage?
Cloud Storage can be defined as a computerized model that allows the data to be stored over the Internet through a Cloud Service provider who manages the data storage. The evolution of the IT sector has resulted in the creation of a number of free Cloud Storage platforms like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc., where, the data can be stored for free on an online platform.
Unlike traditional models where the data storage requires the use of hard drives, pen drives, CDs, and other storage devices, Cloud Storage is based on the concept of online storage where the data can be stored online. With this new concept of storage, IT sectors, along with the other sectors, are able to save a lot of money by cutting down the cost that is incurred in the hardware system. This reduces the dependency on technical labor and allows the easy accessibility of information at a remote platform.
Advantages of Cloud Storage
Cloud Storage has bought with it a number of advantages which has made our day-to-day lives simpler and easier. The advantages of Cloud Storage include:
- Remote Accessibility
- Reduced Hardware Dependency
- Automated updates on Software
- Easy Management
- Total Control over files
- 24x7 support
What individuals can use it for?
Cloud Storage has empowered individuals to share files with ease, simplicity, and comfort. There are reduced hardware dependency and improved accessibility. All you need is a working Internet connection to use the technology. Individuals can use the technology for:
- Sharing files
- Sharing images and other personal moments
- Storing Documents without hard drives
- Easy collaboration in assignments
- Easy accessibility to information
Safety and Security of Data
Cloud Storage accounts are protected and encrypted to prevent unauthorized access. The technology is powered by a two-way authentication process where anyone striving to access their account has to enter the password and the code which will be sent to their mobile number for authorization. Once the authorization is granted, the content on the cloud storage could be accessed/controlled. The users also get an option to update the security settings, if required.
The best free cloud storage services to consider in 2019 include:
- Google Drive: This is the most popular cloud storage service. The android devices these days, are integrated with Google Drive that allows the users to easily store their data online.
- Dropbox: Dropbox is another big name that provides free cloud storage worldwide. Users can share files up to 2GB. The interface is simple and easy to use.
- Microsoft OneDrive: Microsoft OneDrive provides 5GB of free storage to the end users. The app is also integrated with Android and iOS apps to boost productivity.
- Apple iCloud: Apple iCloud allows the users to store files up to 5GB. The users are allowed to backup any files they wish using the platform.
- iDrive: iDrive storage allows users to sync their files. The application support network drivers that cover everything from servers to mobile devices.
- pCloud: pCloud is a desktop application that allows the users to create a virtual drive on their computer where they can store and access the file on the cloud.
Cloud storage is a modern-day backup solution that leads to an elimination of hardware corruption issues. With the help of cloud technology, the users can simultaneously update and share their files with others on a real-time basis regardless of their location. For the security purpose, users get a number of security options like sharing the files through a special link, allowing only registered users to access the file, etc. This makes it a lucrative technology that will optimize your data sharing tactics.